1. During the spinning process, the contact between the rotary wheel and the metal is almost point contact, the contact area is small, and the unit pressure is high, up to 2500-3500MPa or more, so spinning is suitable for processing materials with high strength and difficult to deform. Moreover, the total required deformation force is small, which can lead to a significant reduction in power consumption. To process parts of the same size, the tonnage of the spinning machine is only about 1/20 of the tonnage of the press.
2. The product range is wide, according to the ability of the spinning machine, it can produce large-diameter thin-walled pipes, special pipes, variable-section pipes, as well as spherical, hemispherical, elliptical, curvilinear, and almost all rotary shapes with steps and varying thicknesses. Body parts such as nose cones and casings for rockets, missiles and satellites; submarine penetration seals and torpedo casings, radar mirrors and searchlight casings; jet engine fairings and prime mover parts; hydraulic cylinders, compressor casings and cylinders ; Turbine shafts, nozzles, TV cones, combustion chamber cones and bellows; drums for dryers, mixers and washing machines; shallow disc, hemispherical heads, milk tanks and hollow-core thin-walled daily necessities.
3. High material utilization rate and low production cost. Compared with machining, spinning can save materials by 20% to 50%, up to 80%, and reduce costs by 30% to 70%.
4. The performance of metal spinning products is significantly improved. After spinning, the structure and mechanical properties of the material change, and the grain size is fine and fibrous. Tensile strength, yield strength and hardness are all increased, and the strength can be increased by 60% to 90%, while the growth rate is decreased.
5. Metal spinning products have low surface roughness and small dimensional tolerances. The surface roughness of spinning products can generally reach 3.2~1.6μm, the best can reach 0.4~0.2μm, and it can reach 0.1μm after multiple spinning. Spinning products may achieve smaller wall thickness tolerances, such as 300mm, 0.05mm tolerance, 1600mm, 0.12mm tolerance.
6. An important feature of metal spinning is the production of integral seamless revolving hollow parts, which fundamentally eliminates the disadvantages of weld-related discontinuities, strength reduction, brittle cracking and tensile stress concentration.
7. Compared with metal spinning and sheet stamping, metal spinning can greatly simplify the equipment used in the process. Some parts that require 6 to 7 stampings can be produced by spinning once, and the metal spinning machine has a higher capacity than Half the price of the same punching machine.
8. The metal spinning method can make ultra-wide plates. The method is to cut and flatten the spinning cylindrical parts along the busbar direction. The spinning machine that can spin φ2m cylindrical parts in China is not a big equipment. It is easy to make a 6m wide sheet with such equipment, but using the traditional rolling method to produce a 3m wide sheet requires a considerable amount of equipment. mill. The United States uses the spinning process to produce an ultra-wide sheet with a width of 7.5m and a length of 9m.
9. During the spinning process, since the spinning blank is approximately deformed point by point, any defects such as slag inclusions, interlayers, cracks, and blisters are easily exposed. In this way, the spinning process also plays the role of automatic inspection of the product.